About German Blockchain Association
The Blockchain Bundesverband (German Blockchain Association) or Bundesblock is advocating for blockchain technology in Germany. It was founded in Berlin on 29 June 2017 from the middle of the German blockchain community. Blockchain Bundesverband, a non-profit association, quickly grew to more than sixty members nationwide. These members include the leading start-ups in the blockchain industry based in Germany.
Above all, Bundesblock members are convinced that blockchain and similar decentralized technologies based on cryptography are fundamental to the innovation of digital infrastructure. Therefore the association’s initiatives focus on education and training both for decision-makers in politics and industry-leading companies. Besides, the association also addresses the broader public as well. Their work is mainly based on the conviction that the introduction of blockchains is necessary to keep Germany competitive in an increasingly digital world.
The Blockchain Bundesverband helps politics on both the federal and local levels to:
- create innovation-friendly legal certainty in civil law, taxation, and regulation in order to establish Germany as an attractive business location for the Blockchain ecosystem.
- use blockchain technology in the public sector.
- deploy at least one public register with blockchain technology by 2020.
- recognize blockchain-based trust services, time stamp services, identity services, and electronic signatures.
- open up legally prescribed interfaces for electronic data information or data provision to other market participants towards blockchain technology.
- promote education and science on the topic of blockchain.
- form a Blockchain Enquete Commission to investigate how to transport the achievements of the democratic constitutional state into the digital age with the help of blockchain technology.
Recently, the Bundesblock has entered into an active cooperation with selected Education Partners (e.g. ReDI School of Digital Integration). Together, Blockchain Bundesverband and its partners want to empower people from all backgrounds to use blockchain technology to build a better world. The potential of blockchain technology can only fully develop once citizens, as well as private and public institutions, connect with the technology. And once law and society recognize the technology and its benefits.
Besides our work for the German Blockchain Association, Digital Assets Custody and Distributed Ledger Consulting GmbH are actively involved in the following associations and organizations:
- Bitkom (German Federal Association for Information Technology, Telecommunications, and New Media)
- DIN (German Institute for Standardization)
- INATBA (International Association for Trusted Blockchain Applications)
- ISO (International Organization for Standardization)
- ITSA (International Token Standardization Association e.V.)
Learn more about the work of the German Blockchain Association here.